Thursday 26 May 2011

Thor movie - is it just another movie to dig money from comic fanboys ???

where I watch this movie : MBO spring Kuching n GSC one utama (i watch it twice ????)

haha
honestly I only watch this movie coz its the only movie available as I walk into the cinema. 
I thought it was gonna be like Transformer 2 or Ironman 2 , a movie just to dig money from fanboys like my twin brothers. But I was wrong. I actually like this movie and I watch it again with my brother just because I want to see the clip after the ending when the credits roll out.
 
I admit I didn't read the comic so im reviewing this as a normal person who went to the movies to have a gud time. Thor is a pretty decent superhero movie. Tells the story about Thor odinson referred as God of Thunder by the vikings son of Odin All Father. Thor came from a place far beyond our reach, a place called Asgard (just like Pandora but instead of filled wif Navii creatures it is filled with Vikings RAWR :P )


 Thor was destined to become king but his father felt that he's too arrogant and banish him to earth where he meet natalie portman who's so tired trying to be the perfect ballerina and decided to take a break and work as a scientist instead(kidding). Odin cursed Thor's Hammer Mjolnir (mye neuh) so that only a person worthy of the hammer can wields it.Thor also has a brother who is always jealous of him named Loki (skinny than the other asgardians n dresses in black) and yes he's the bad guy in the movie (shame on you if hadn't guess it yet).
I think there's more to the relatonship between sif the goddess of war and Thor but it was not elaborated much in the movie

awww thor wif kitten blue eyes

All I can say is that the movie was too fast and skip a lot of things. I wouldn't say dat there's no character development because I actually can feel and relate to Loki and Thor's sibling rivalry. I actually felt sorry for Loki. Then again im always attracted to dark creepy skinny guys. The movie didn't tell the story how Thor become powerful like other superhero movie such as spiderman, ironman, the hulk, even wolverine has an origin. When we met Thor in the movie he was already powerful and kicking the giant frost's sorry asses. He lost his power when he was thrown to earth n will get his power back when he's worthy of wielding mjolnir (kinda similar to the story of king arthur n excalibur). The movie had a good choice of actors chris hemsworth, anthony hopkins , natalie portman and i'm so glad the rumors saying dat brad pitt is chosen to play Thor is not true. I wouldn't go two miles near the cinema if that were true.
When I played the game Too Human the dudes are always shouting "In the name of odin" , "what in odin's name ...." In Thor I get to know a lil bit more about the viking's god odin allfather played by anthony hopkin. I also remembered Loki as the god of mischief in The Mask. Loki created the Mask (evil evil Loki)





All in all the movie was good and I think can be enjoyed by the whole family.


Thor movie = 7.5/10


spoiler alert ----


the dude with the archbow that was aiming for Thor in the rain could be Hawkeye - says my brother


just like ironman , xmen , hulk stay until the credit roll out because after that there's a clip showing that Loki is alive


Thor will return in the avengers

No comments:

Post a Comment